Pocket-lint went to a Toy Fair and saw in first hand, the current prototype of the upcoming, LEGO TECHNIC 8297 Off Roader set.
Here are copies from the first photos with real bricks. Enjoy! ;)
The Off Roader is a 4x4 truck complete with working doors, motor with piston heads, steering control, cool real headlights, electric powered winch and a motor that raises the suspension up and down so it can drive over obstacles.
See below additional photos with some other details (click over images, for larger versions).
From these, we can already conclude about some questions raised when at the model first 'appearance'.
- Tires do not seem to be the same size of the huge ones at 8466 (4x4 Off-Roader) anymore.
- There is in fact a pair cool and shinny PF white headlights. They must be some kind of LEDs, instead of the old fashioned yellow LEGO lamps.
- Winch is motorized and powerful enough to pull the car
- Suspension raises up and down controlled by a motor
- Direction confirms to be controlled by an HoG, now clearly visible on the top of the car
Finally and after a strong defeat of the Orange shades on the poll results, that finished yesterday (but, that's a subject for a further post...), it is with great pleasure that I see several Orange TECHNIC Bent Liftarms present in this Off Roader model (see them at the car seats).
And if I'm not wrong, it is the first time that Orange parts appear into the TECHNIC mainstream models.