Not that I usually like to repost MOC findings from other blogs, but taking my fixation on Excavators, simply couldn't resist to this one...
In the end, probably the proportion of readership shared between these blogs, is not so large and it worths to mention here too.
Sariel just posted at Klocki, something that's making me too excited!
Makorol, a LUGPol member, built an amazing Wheeled Excavator fully remote controllable, via PF elements.
- Wheel drive with suspension
- Front steering
- Motorized control of boom, dipper and bucket
- Manually lockable front blade
- 6 motors (2x 'XL', 3x 'M', 1x micromotor)
- Rear and boom PF lights
Some of the most positive points to my eyes, are:
- Extremely elegant combination of TECHNIC beams and bricks, which certainly delights most fans of mixed stud/studless constructions (myself included).
This is valid for the cabin, but the highlight here goes to the design of boom and dipper arm.
- A very well succeeded integration, of a LEGO micromotor into a TECHNIC model. This allows to locally control the bucket movement, where it is quite difficult to transmit movement into a Linear Actuator.
It also proves, that even an eventual small 2x2x2 PF motor, may integrate quite successfully into TECHNIC constructions (despite the panoply of different PF motors I keep wishing...).
- ...and it is not yellow.
Yes I like the yellow, but... LEGO construction machines are almost always so yyeeellooooww...
And a few more photographic details, just because it worths...
As usual, here the BS folder from Makorol, where you can find more images from this model.
Just wanted to see more pictures revealing the details into the drivetrain, suspension mechanics, etc...
And fully deserves a place in my Excavators Hall of Fame, if I would ever update that post...