Have you ever seen inside...?
Again Philo, took some photos from the new Power Functions Rechargeable Battery Box (8878).
Just take a look!
Just a few remarks,
- Opening of the battery without significant damage, could be a bit tricky but not impossible as Philo have shown.
- As expected we can see the battery includes internally, two 3,7V Li-Pol standard cells in series.
- As it seems and as I guessed before, frustrating to see that TLG had available the required space to include some pin holes, in order help fixing this battery in studless buildings.
Now we should use some modified plates with hole (probably the best solution), or similar.
- Modifying the electronics board to override the 2h time-out function, seems now a vanished dream since all the control might be inside the Chip-on-Board circuitry (the black kind of a bubble in the PCB left side).
- As a side note, I should say that against the approx. 4h charging time advertised within the leaflet coming together with the battery, I've measured it to be less than 2h 20', with the official LEGO 10V DC charger (8887).
Again as usual, you may also refer to the source at Philo's BS folder (not yet public at the time of this post).