Today a 1:17 scale model of the 'Liebherr L 580' Wheel Loader, by Marek Markiewicz (M-longer), another LUGPol member.
It looks like a sort of combination between Technic and Model Team ways of building, which produces a very nice functional and visual model.
It has appeared online about two weeks ago and was featured also at some other blogs and forums with very positive reactions.
And today, I took the opportunity to write about, also here at TBs .
- 4x4 drive with two differentials
- Rear pendular suspension
- Articulated steering
- Remote control for lights and arm & bucket via linear actuators
- 2x PF XL-motors (Drive, Raise/lower arm)
- 2x PF M-motors (Steering, Tilt bucket)
- Powered with PF rechargeable battery
Marek also presented us with nice renderings from the internal gearing making comprehensive the model functions.
Most positive comments about this model, focused mainly:
- Amazing and realistic appearance, built together with real working functions.
- Innovative and original solution for the wheels, conferring them a great look.
More photos and comments about this model, can be seen at the several online places where Marek has presence (Brickshelf, Flickr, MOCpages).