Yesterday, our last contributor was doing his annual online investigations and together with a few other fans, started a series of findings.
There were found images for a presumably new 8041 Race Truck set, which show the box, the B-model (a Race Car) and even partial instructions for the B-model, were found at technic.lego.com/nl.
To me, it looks this might be some semi-exclusive or a late 1H release, rather than a 2H set.
If you zoom significantly the box image, you may find a kind of a logo with something written like "Limited Edition", or similar.
As we have seen in some other themes, like: Star Wars, Pirates, Indiana Jones,...
Below, the main highlights for this model, at the moment:
- The Race Truck has steering and tilting cabin functions.
- New 1x5x11 Panel Plates in black, included.
- The Rhinoceros logo from 8285 returned in the stickers.
- Still have some doubts about the blue part(s) used for te seat.
- It seems to be a lot of free space on the drives side, which may ease to make some motorization and to place a battery.
- Interesting to see how the new 7L gear rack was used, avoiding a new 11L part.
A more detailed image from the B-model.
But it does not end here. In fact it is not even where it started.
From a Dutch store there was also found some info about what probably are the LEGO Technic 2H2010 sets (descriptions bellow, freely translated).
TBs : This looks really promising! Looking forward to see how TLG did make a successor for the 8420 Steet Bike. This however seems to have 3 cylinders instead of 4, new tires (the previous were just amazing), wonder how the new panels will fit.
8052 Container Truck
TBs : Personally think I would prefer a container stacker, but still very curious about this model. Quite predictable that the recent Panel Plates, would bring us this type of models, sooner or later.
8053 Mobile Crane
TBs : Wonder to see how does it compares with 8421...