Now that the new 8043 Excavator problems have been solved and the model is again available to ship from LEGOshop.com, it is time to do something that has been in the pipe for awhile.
Once more TBs is going to run an interview with the LEGO Designers. This time about the 2010 LEGO Technic flagship model, thus with Anders Gaasedal Christensen (Goose Valley) who designed the model and Ricco Rejnholdt Krog, Design Lead for the LEGO Technic team.
We decided however to accomplish some kind of innovation and involve our readership in the process, i.e. also let you submit your own questions to the Designers, about this model and respective design process.
Please feel to ask as many questions as you like, by dropping them as comments to this post.
In the meantime we will prepare our own questions and wait till Sunday (31.Oct) to gather all your inputs.
Although you should be aware of the following remarks:
- Like we did in 2009 about the set 8258 (Crane Truck) [1, 2], this should be an interview about the model itself and the respective design process.
What I mean is that it should not become an interview about the fans detected model problems and meanwhile fixed by the designers. Off course we could raise questions about the quality issue as long as there is an appropriate mix of other questions as well.
- The TBs editors team will prepare its own set of questions and select among your inputs those questions that will be forward to the Technic Designers.
- The questions will be grouped by similarity to prepare the final set, hence not all them will make into the final set of questions to send.
Also the questions will be selected by relevance and questions that likely could not be answered by the Designers, will be dropped upfront. Obviously we refer to questions somehow related with future products (either new sets or parts) and eventually others as well (depend on what you will write).
- TBs team members will do its best to consider all your inputs into a reasonable amount of questions, but of course there should be also a limit to the total number of questions we should send.
There is always a subjective judgment on the selection/gathering criteria. By leaving your questions, you are accepting these will be considered but may not find their way into the final set of questions.
- After all and regardless of the amount and questions to send, it will be up to the Designers team to select those they will want to answer (if not all of them).
This may be an unique opportunity to most of us, eagerly wanting to know more from behind the scenes.
So please don't be shy and ask!