With more than one hundred MOCs built, Supercars are not among the most frequent models in Sariel's portfolio. He made several promises and attempts and even one first test with a Dodge Charger R/T, but somehow the prefix Super didn't fit quite well in this, at least to my eyes.
Finally this last week, he presented the finished version of his latest model. A Ford GT40 that looks absolutely gorgeous and Super!
While it looks absolutely an evil modern (even more than the original inspiration...) race car, it is also quite distinctive from any other LEGO Technic Supercar we have ever seen (either from TLG or fan builders). Besides de absence of a gearbox or the traditional fake piston engine, it is the bright red color contrasting with the white stripes, the superb photos and the huge tires that make it almost unique.
However and as for the aesthetics I would highlight the distinctive rear design, the lines smoothness and complexity at the front, and the genial pattern simulation detail from the driver's seat.
This masterpiece features:
- LEGO RC Unit for power and remote control
- 2 hard-coupled RC motors geard 5:1 for propulsion, 1 PF M-motor, 1 Micromotor
- Rear axle drive through a differential
- Full independent double wishbone suspension
- Front axle return-to-center, using RC Unit's steering output
- Functional steering wheel
- Integrated speedometer
- Front and rear lights (real)
- Opening doors
- Opening rear bonnet
- Front and rear remote-controlled turn signals
- Dashboard with turn signals indicators
Here some nice visuals...
See the full photo set at Sariel's Brickshelf folder.