As you know, the LEGO Technic Competition for 2012 is running and fans are challenged to build a new body design for the LEGO Technic 9398 4x4 Crawler, that fits the existing chassis and wheels.
It is also known this might be an opportunity for LEGO to customize some parts for this 20.000 boxes limited edition production run.
I guess some fancy chromed parts, painted ones, or made with special/unique colors, whatever... might be under consideration.
Thus we admit it could be also an opportunity to get some actual elements in colors never released before, or to get re-released some of the elements still in use by LEGO, in colors that meanwhile became rare and very hard to find...
For example, a few elements I can remember nowand that have been referenced in LEGO Technic foruns,
- The 19L Hose Soft Axle (32235), in black (rare of course...)
- The Technic Axle and Pin Connector Angled #4 (32192), in yellow (rare) or orange (never released)
- The Technic Liftarm 1x6 Thin (32063), in yellow (rare)
- The Axle Pin with Friction Ridges (43093), in black (rare)
- Many Technic parts never released in orange...
... and the list continues long!
Hence, we encourage you to expand the list above, by leaving a comment to this post with your wishes, so that other builders could get inspired to use the parts you wish most.
I'm sure the LEGO Technic fans community will make good use of it!