It was some years since he designed one alternate model for an official LEGO Technic set. Here we can recall the previous work.
- Sportscar, alternate for 8458 Silver Champion
- Supercar [1, 2] made with parts from 8458 Silver Champion + 8466 Offroader
- Cranetruck, alternate for 8436 Truck
- Bocat, alternate for 8271 Wheel Loader
The first one was done from a Technic Formula 1 car (8458), so why not to try something similar from the most recent incarnation, the 42000 Grand Prix Racer?
The new Street Rod includes some functions. To know:
- V8 engine
- Rear wheel drive
- Full independent suspension
- Working steering wheel and HoG
- Opening back / spoiler with mLA
- Opening doors and bonnet (manual)
Nate did his best to reuse most of the parts from the 42000 official set and turn them into an official quality alternate set. The best aspects are the high utilization of parts while not forcing all the parts to be used (and thus contribute to weight and bulk unnecessarily).
Because of the interest raised around this model, Nathanaël decided to create building instructions for this.
You can order the building instructions for a small fee at crowkillers.com or MOCplans.com
For additional information and media you may want to look at NKubate, MOCpages, flickr and Brickshelf.
And EuroBricks if you want to read what others have to say about this model.
Unlike many other BI for great Technic MOCs, biggest advantage of this one, is that it is a single set MOC, hence you just need one set box, rather than grabbing a thousand parts in several BrickLink orders...