Nuremberg Toy Fair 2014 will open tomorrow, and we already got a first video with great quality, of the new LEGO Technic flagship - The licensed 42030 Volvo L350F Wheel Loader that you have been expecting to see since some weeks.
Some short comments that I'll try to update later today with more details:
- New mold and huge bucket as anticipated, which justifies the larger box.
Volvo L350F specific design.
- 4x Unimog tires as we already knew.
- New yellow wheels for this size.
- Portal axles on the front axis mounted at horizontal, as it seems to me.
- Differential on the front axis, which suggests an articulated 4WD vehicle!?
- 3 large linear actuators. It looks they're driven by one M-motor plus one L-motor (as seen from the box in the video). The M-motor is clearly seen in the video.
We was expecting two L-motors as depicted in the preliminary box artwork, although we already new the previously advanced motor configuration was not 100% accurate.
- Steering is too fast and shaky or jerky. It looks it is geared by the PF servo motor, as some have feared.
The video suggests there is no return to center!? Can't be... or is it too heavy for RTC?...
- The PF remotes setup looks a bit strange in the box!?? (It was the same with preliminary image).
Has it something to do with RTC mystery? Can't see how...
- Two IR receivers in the back
- And most likely an XL motor to drive this beast...
- New Green engine blocks (most likely Dark Green).
Delight yourself with this videos!