As I mentioned in my first post on the 2H2016 Technic sets, each new toy fair reveals more details of the upcoming sets, and the Nuremberg Spielwarenmesse has been particularly generous in the amount of information that was revealed.
So let's have another look at the list of new sets.
- 42051 - Airport Rescue Vehicle
Technic Factory has the following to say about the set:
Lego Technic 42051 Airport Rescue Vehicle (cancelled)
This set was planned for mid-2016, but it has been cancelled and will never be produced. It was a big airport fire truck, with red color, modern style, arm with water canon which could be lift up and oriented. 6 wheels with 4 wheels steering and lots of details also: lights, mirrors, few stickers… Seats were designed with new white panel parts, like wing of set 42045 Hydroplane Racer.
Parts : approx 1100, without Power Functions or Pneumatic
Initially Estimated Price : USA: $74.99, Europe: 64.99€, but it will not be sold.
I always find it curious when this level of detail is presented for a set that apparently has been cancelled. We'll probably never know why, but from the description of the set, the set wasn't quite as exciting as the remaining sets for the second half of this year.
- 42053 - Volvo EW160E
- Pneumatics System V2 - We appear to get a new part in this series: the pump has a wide plastic collar and no spring is visible - it appear to be encased inside the wider plastic collar.
- Power Functions Upgradable - this makes me think there will indeed be a small pump included in the set so you can build a small compressor to power the pneumatic functions.
- Lifting Cab - a very nice detail. The cab is lifted with a worm gear that is operated with the 12T double bevel gear you can see right behind the cab (with the red 2L axle in the centre) so it will stay at any hight you adjust it to.
- Extendible Outriggers - and they will actually support the model! All four wheels off the ground for increased stability when operating the pneumatic functions.
- Piece Count: 1166
- Alternate model: Volvo L30G
- 42054 Claas Xerion 5000 tractor
- Piece Count: 1977
- WHEELS and RIMS!! The large heavy threads are fantastic (wheel size indicated is 107.4)and the closed rims are perfect for the model
- Includes an LPF "M" motor and battery box.
- Mini LA for the arm and outriggers/stabilisers under the arm
- The panels at the front simulate the counterweight that can be adjusted in height
- I don't remember seeing ribbed 2x2 round bricks in brown before. They look much more realistic than the smooth ones.
- The "second model" is built only from the parts of the manipulator on the back of the tractor. While it does make sense (and has been done before, e.g. in the Unimog)
- The graphics in the lower left corner give some interesting details about the steering capability of the model: it has crab steering and parallel steering.
- 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator
- From this and other pictures it would appear the set includes a pack of small round bricks for the BWE to pick up/move to the included white truck.
- A single PF "XL" motor to power te entire set
- An exciting new curved rack (90º) that is the base for the ring of buckets at the front. There appear to be 36 teeth on each segment making for 144 teeth in a full ring.
- The above image also shows the battery box used as a counterweight in the top arm, followed by three function selectors. There is also a red function selector further down (right behind the curved rack that guides the secondary transporter belt)
- Beautiful dark panels!
- LAs allow the arm to go up and down. They are controlled with the black 12T gear you can see just below the base of the LA in the above picture
- Even so there are no less than 3 additional functions going from the top of the model to the bottom:
- move forwards and backwards on the tracks it has underneath.
- The inclination of the left conveyor belt can be adjusted and
- the right belt can be moved from side to side horizontally.
To be continued...