As you might have noticed LEGO Technic team as launched a new contest, using Rebrick as a platform to collect the participants entries.
As a side note, Rebrick moved from its initial mission where users could bookmark LEGO creations shared in other websites, into a LEGO contests platform. As I was never a big fan of the Rebrick bookmark philosophy, I can only applaud this strategic move.
It is also the first time LEGO Technic uses Rebrick as the platform for a contest, which makes full sense. If you remember the 9398 4x4 Crawler contest was run directly at LEGO Technic website, and so the loose ends finally ties up.
Back on topic, the contest description reveals the purpose...
“In the beginning I looked around but couldn’t find the car I dreamed of, so I decided to build it myself.” - Ferry Porsche
Now you can go in the legendary footsteps of Ferry Porsche and build the Porsche of your dreams using LEGO bricks.
We are giving you complete creative freedom to build within the Porsche brand design and LEGO Technic look and feel.
Whether you prefer to build a sports car, a race car, a historical Porsche tractor, or another Porsche model we invite you to build the Porsche of your dreams with no limitation to a specific era or model type.
The contest is open for submissions until 2016.08.01 at 10:00 PM CEST, and you may submit your creation at Rebrick contest page.
The 'How to Enter', contest rules and prizes can also be found at the same page.You can submit any physical or LDD model, but remember it must have a LEGO Technic look and feel, you can only use LEGO elements plus stickers, and your model must resemble a Porsche vehicle regardless whether you prefer to build a sports car, a race car, a historical Porsche tractor, or any other Porsche model.
If it makes you feel more likely to participate, here are the prizes
The Grand PrizeThere will be one grand prize winner. This person will receive
1. Trip from their home country to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart Germany
2. An exclusive guided tour of the Porsche Museum and the Porsche production facilities in Stuttgart
4. One 911 limited die cast model of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS scaled 1:18
5. One 42056 LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS signed by LEGO designer Uwe Wabra
6. One certificate of winning
Runner-up PrizesThere will be nine runner-ups. These will receive
1. One 911 limited die cast model of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS scaled 1:18
2. One 42056 LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS signed by LEGO designer Uwe Wabra
3. One certificate of winning
The judgement will be done in two stages, where first a panel of 3 expert LEGO Technic guest judges will select 20 semi-finalists, and later a panel of judges from LEGO Technic and Porsche will select one grand prize winner and nine runner-ups from the 20 semi-finalists.
In both stages, the judgement criteria will be:
- Overall coolness and originality (25%)
- Most inspired details and functions on the model (25%)
- Understanding of the Porsche brand design and competition theme (25%)
- Overall LEGO Technic look and feel of the model (25%)
Take your chance! The prizes are worth it!